Want to satisfy those takeaway cravings with a meal that’s simple, nutritious – and equally – just as delicious?
These vegan Lo Mein Sticky Noodles are the answer to turning your calorific Chinese takeaway into a healthy meal, without taking on any crazy diet.
As well as containing lots of vitamins and minerals from the vegetables, our Organic Chia Seeds provide an extra nutritional punch, as they’re naturally high in fibre which may support blood sugar control, cholesterol levels and gut health. Chia seeds are also a great source of essential omega fatty acids (EPA and DHA) that play an important role in heart health.
What makes this dish extra special is the addition of our Sugar-Free Maple Syrup, because it creates a subtly sweet flavour – whilst containing zero sugar or fat. And if you’re short on time, these noodles are super quick and easy to make, and will soon become your go-to for a quick weeknight dinner!
Lo Mein Sticky Noodles Recipe
Lo Mein Sauce:
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Chinese cooking wine (or mirin)
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2– 1 teaspoon chili paste
Lo Mein Stir Fry:
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 an onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, rough chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 small carrots cut in matchsticks
- 1/2 cup shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup snow peas
- 150g wholewheat noodles
- Set water to boil and cook the noodles according to directions on the package.
- Stir together the Lo Mein Sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
- Prep any and all veggies and set near the stove.
- In a wok or large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add the onions and mushrooms and sauté 3-4 minutes, stirring continuously. Turn heat to medium, add the garlic and ginger and sauté 2 minutes. Add the bell pepper, carrots, cabbage and snow peas and stir often, just letting them get tender, but still crisp, 3-4 minutes.
- Add the noodles and give a good stir and toss a few times to incorporate.
- Add the Lo Mein Sauce and stir and toss continuously 2 minutes. If it gets too dry add a little splash of water to loosen.
- Serve in two bowls, garnish with green onion and toasted sesame seeds.