Curry lovers, rejoice! Our friends at MOB Kitchen have knocked it out the park (once again) with the dreamiest vegan curry recipe!
We’re big fans of a vegan curry – always have been and always will be. But this Tofu Panang Satay Curry is up there with our favourites! Though making a curry from scratch might sound daunting at first, fear not! MOB Kitchen are here to show you it doesn’t have to be.
Jam-packed with simple, yet wholesome ingredients like tofu, All-Natural Peanut Butter and Flaxseed Powder, there’s not better way to amp up your fibre and protein intake than this. It’s creamy, peanut buttery – and most importantly – downright delicious. Winning.
Whether you’re a fully-fledged vegan or just want to dabble in the world of plant-based eating, this vegan curry recipe is one to have on your radar!
Tofu Panang Satay Curry Recipe
- 50g Myvegan All-Natural Peanut Butter
- 1tbsp Myvegan Flaxseed Powder
- 5 shallots
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1tsp turmeric
- 2 lemongrass
- 5 red birds eye chilis
- 1tsp ground coriander
- 1tsp ground cumin
- 2 bay leaves
- 400ml coconut milk
- 560g firm tofu
- 2 red peppers
- 2tbsp peanuts
- Small handful of coriander
- 2 limes
- Olive oil
- Black pepper
- Blend the shallots, garlic, ginger, lemongrass, green chilis, ground coriander, ground cumin and a good grind of black pepper in a food processor until smooth. Add a tablespoon of water if necessary. Fry the paste and bay leaves in a large glug of oil for 5 minutes until the colour has darkened slightly.
- Add in the coconut milk, peanut butter, 250ml water and 1tsp sugar and bring to a simmer. Cook for around 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop up your tofu into cubes and gently fry in a saucepan until golden brown. Add these to your curry and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Toast your peanuts on a dry frying pan and roughly chop your peanuts and coriander. Chop up your red pepper into large chunks and add that into the curry. Cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Finish with the juice of your limes, sprinkling of peanuts, coriander and flaxseed powder. Serve on a bed of rice and enjoy.